Manufacturer of Conveyor Belting
When a project involves case turning HCM Systems prefers to utilize the Intralox S400 Case Turner conveyor because it provides consistent, complete 90° turns of a wide range of products. The Intralox Case Turner allows HCM Systems to selectively align, turn, and realign various products on the same line, without changing equipment settings.
Where It Applies
The Intralox S400 Case Turner can be used in any situation where 1) all products must be turned, or 2) products must be turned selectively with either the short side leading or long side leading. It is particularly beneficial in situations where any of the following applies:
- Throughput is greater than 15 cases per minute
- A broad range of product sizes or types must be handled at the same time
- Products must be aligned after turning
- Increased Productivity - Throughput of up to 200 products per minute (12,000 products per hour).*
- Flexibility - Able to handle almost all package types, on the same line, without changing settings:
- Products as small as 4 in. x 4 in. (100 mm x 100 mm), with virtually no maximum
- Products up to twice as tall as they are wide
- Corrugated and shrink-wrapped packages, lithopacks, plastic totes, beverage shells, etc.
- Reduced Footprint - Aligns, turns, and realigns all on one compact conveyor, enabling a smaller equipment footprint.
- Reliable Performance Even After Starts/Stops - Products are effectively aligned after turning, delivering a complete, precise 90° turn without any offset—even after conveyor line stops/starts.
* Maximum throughput for cartons sized 6 in. x 6 in. (150 mm x 150 mm) is 200 cases per minute (12,000 cases per hour).
|Standard Operational Specifications|
|Product bottom surface||Product should have a flat, smooth bottom surface. (Exceptions can be tested.)|
|Product size||Minimum: 4 in. x 4 in. (100 mm x 100 mm)
Maximum: Virtually no maximum
|Product shape||Product should be firm with square corners. Rounded corners and othe exceptions can be tested.|
|Layout||Inline; dimensions depend on the product range and infeed conveyor|
|Construction||Frame: painted carbon steel or stainless steel|
|Frame color||Specified by customer|
|Environment||Dry and clean environment|
|Temperature range||32°F - 122°F (0°C - 50°C)|
|Intralox equipment sold in Europe is built according to European directions 2006/42/EC for machinery.|
|Conveyor belt||Intralox Activated Roller Belt™ technology|
|Motor||SEW (or equivalent)|
|Adjustable supports||+/- 1.97 in. (50mm)|
|Electric or pneumatic bump turn|
|Frequency inverter (SEW Movimot)|
|Easy maintenance with Intralox modular plastic belt technology.|
|Conveyor runs continuously|
|Example Of Equipment Dimensions|
With the following specifications:
A Case Turner conveyor will be 8.8 feet (2.7 m) long and 31.5 inches (800 mm) wide.
Regardless of how they enter, all products exit the S400 Case Turner conveyor in perfect alignment.