Manufacturer of Conveyor Belting
HCM Systems prefers to utilize the Intralox S400 Singulator to unscramble and singulate the widest range of products available at a continuous throughput rate of up to 5,000 products per hour. Employing Intralox's Activated Roller Belt™ (ARB™) singulating technology efficiently moves a stream of products into single file within a short footprint (18 ft.–36 ft. / 5.5 m–11 m) using no controls or human intervention. Singulating can be a difficult task with other technologies (lots of starts, stops, and physical plows).
Where It Applies
Able to function at a continuous rate of up to 5,000 pph, the Intralox S400 Singulator is especially effective when installed prior to sorters, scanners, and labelers. It can singulate side-by-side cartons from accumulation areas, a bulk of products coming from a receiving area or side-by-sides from uncontrolled merges.
The Intralox S400 Singulator is particularly relevant when:
- Floor space is limited
- There is a large range of products
- High accuracy rates are required
- Side-by-side products require dedicated labor to correct
- There is a high rate of mis-sorts or recirculation due to side-by-side products
- Handles a large product range -
- As small as 4 in. x 4 in. (100 mm x 100 mm)
- No maximum size
- Corrugated, shrink-wrapped, litho-packs, flats, and more
- Small footprint - Uses only 18 ft.–36 ft. (5.5 m–11 m) of floor space for continuous singulation up to 5,000 pph
- High singulation performance - Singulation accuracy is typically around 99% depending on customer requirements and system configuration
- Reduced parcel damage -
- No guard rails or plows to trap parcels
- The complete singulation system is on one plane, so there is no product tumbling
- Simple system with high reliability
- Continuously running conveyors, without frequent starts/stops
- No controls, guard rails or plows
The base singulation system is a series of ARB™ Centering Conveyors to rotate side-by-side packages, and to singulate at increasing speeds so that one package leads the other. Next, an alignment conveyor justifies the singulated packages against a rail to prevent the reoccurrence of side-by-sides downstream.
The number and length of conveyors, as well as their ARB™ roller patterns, are dependent on throughput, number of incoming side-by-sides, and product mix. There are multiple standard configurations possible (inline, L-shape, S-shape, or U-shape) to achieve throughputs of up to 5,000 products per hour. For throughputs exceeding 5,000 pph, please ask about our high-throughput singulator with recirculation.
|Standard Operational Specifications|
|Product bottom surface||Product should have a flat, smooth bottom surface. Odd-shaped products should be tested first.|
|Product size||Minimum: 4 in. x 4 in. (100 mm x 100 mm)
Maximum: No restrictions (designed according to customer specifications)
|Layout & Dimensions||
|Construction & Components||
|Environment||Dry and clean environment.|
|Temperature range||32°F - 122°F (0°C - 50°C)|
|Intralox equipment sold in Europe is built according to European directions 2006/42/EC for machinery.|